Additional Resources:

STOP 76: Adilman's Department Store
NE corner of 20 th Street West & Avenue B
Pennies Saved & Earned

 






   

Adilman's was a cornerstone of the 20th Street shopping district from its opening in 1927 to 1975. It not only survived the hard times in the 30s but continued to grow and expand over the years. The building as it now stands was the result of a renovation in 1949, although the core of the building dates to 1912. Some Saskatoon old-timers may remember the Bargainteria Basement that was added in 1939 or may remember "Popcorn Pete" who sold popcorn from a vending cart on the corner beside Adilman's from the 30s to the 60s.

 

   

Information provided courtesy of the City of Saskatoon Municipal Heritage Advisory Committee.