Our school is named in honor of Father Robinson. John Robinson was born in St. John, NewBrunswick on June 24, 1916. He was ordained to the priesthood for the Diocese of London, Ontario on May 30, 1942. He came to Saskatoon with Bishop Pocock in 1944 and remained until his death on April 4, 1979.
As a parish priest, he served the people of St.Paul's Cathedral, St. Michael, St. Philip, and Holy Spirit Parishes. He was named Vicar General in 1964 and a Domestic Prelate in 1965.
Monsignor Robinson was a good and strong leader in the Church, a special friend to priests and a person with particular concern for young people. Among the many things he is remembered for is his continued and active support of Catholic education.
Father Robinson School is also dedicated to St. John the Baptist and in his name to the pastors of our parishes for their support and commitment to Catholic schools.
On August 4, 1989, the Catholic Board of Education approved the construction of a new school in the Erindale neighborhood and on August 23, the school was officially named after Monsignor Robinson.
Construction began in the fall of 1989 and continued until its completion in August of 1992. Classes began on August 31 of 1992 with 185 students. Currently we have 630 students enrolled from grades Kindergarten to Grade 8.
The school was officially opened and blessed by the Most Rev. Basil Filevich and Most Rev. James Mahoney on March 13, 1993.